I know it’s summer and you’re all sweltering in this heatwave and you don’t want to turn on the oven and blablabla…
But here in Scotland, every single stereotype ever known about Scottish weather is coming true, so I very much want to turn on the oven. #winteriscoming
Not to mention that I have an office full of colleagues to
bribe please. My Oreo Chocolate Truffles and Peanut Butter Marble Cake have already gone done like a house on fire, and these Triple Chocolate Orange Brownies were extremely popular as well (all gone by tea time at 3pm, and I didn’t get one!). One person even threatened to get nasty if I didn’t make more of them – er, surely that’s a good thing? Isn’t it?
These are the perfect treat to make for the office as everyone can just grab a slice (or three, as I know some of my coworkers have), or to bring to a party as I am doing today. (I’ve made a mean batch of White Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies that I’m bringing to a party, watch out for that one next week!)
Triple Chocolate Orange Brownies
- 200g (7 oz, or 1 + 1/3 cups) plain flour
- 100g (3.5oz or 1/2 cups) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- zest of 1 orange
- 100g (3.5 oz) firm tofu
- 175ml (3/4 cup) soya or non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g (3.5 oz) vegan butter/margarine
- 100g (3.5 oz) dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 50g (1.75oz) dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- more orange zest
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4. Line a 21 x 28 cm (8 x 11 inches) rectangular cake tin with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining dry ingredients.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt the butter and chocolate chips.
- Blend the soya milk, tofu and vanilla extract in a blender until no lumps remain.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Don’t over mix or the batter might become tough.
- Pour the batter into the lined cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before slicing 20 pieces. Serve with some extra chocolate chips and orange zest on top.
Just a reminder that my ebook is now out in GERMAN! Die Vegan Cookie Fairy Dekadentes Eis für Jedermann auf Vegane Art is now available on Amazon.de. Perfect for the hot summer days ahead!
Did you like this post + recipe? Then sign up for email updates and receive my free ebook, 5 Recipes For A Fabulous Weekend!
Love and cookies,