I recently had the honour (and delightful surprise!) of being nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Emma from Coconut and Berries. Thank you so much, Emma, you put a smile on my face! (I was also nominated for the Shine On Award, if you want to check that out. More random facts and lovely bloggers to nominate there.)
If you’d like to nominate anyone yourself (and I strongly encourage you to do so, many wonderful bloggers out there deserve praise), here are the rules:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge the blogger on your blog and link back.
- Share 7 random, interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
Now for seven random facts about myself:
* I am originally from a wee village in Flanders, but my native tongue is French. My mum dropped me off at nursery school when I was three and I didn’t speak a word of Flemish for a good two years. I just listened to people speaking around me and learnt the language that way until I was bold enough to speak up.
* I eat a piece of chocolate almost every single day. It’s very healthy for you.
* I grew up on a farm, and now live in a flat, in a city, but one day I want a farm of my own, with an orchard, vegetable patch and plenty of cats and dogs.
* My dad lives in South Africa, but the whole family’s Belgian. Hence the chocolate obsession, maybe. My mum and sister live in Oxfordshire, my brother in Belgium and another sister in Paris. It makes it hard for family gatherings, sometimes.
* I once owned a violin but only took lessons for two months, after which life happened, and I eventually sold it. It pained me to do so, because I did want to learn, but that window of opportunity has come and gone.
* I think fairy lights constitute a vast improvement to any home, and are indeed indispensable.
* I’m watching Chocolat as I type this. Guess the chocolate really is an obsession. Young(er) Johnny Depp munching is nice eye candy, too.
And now, I get to nominate a really cool and versatile blog myself:
This Rawsome Vegan Life. If you don’t know this blog yet, where have you been? Emily’s book of Raw Vegan Desserts is coming out next year and I personally can’t wait for it. She’s one of the coolest raw vegan cooks I have ever heard of.