“This award is for the blogs that shine, make you feel good and are inspiring to the reader.”
Within the same week I was nominated for two awards. I feel immensely thankful – I’ve never been nominated for an award before! Thank you so much to Tarja from No Naughties for nominating me for the Shine On Award. Here’s what you have to do when you are nominated:
1 Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you. 2 Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back. 3 Share 7 random interesting things about yourself. 4 Nominate up to 15 bloggers for Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs. 5 Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
So, here we go 🙂
Seven random facts about myself:
* My granny told me we are descendants of Mary Queen of Scots. It was at my sister’s wedding, so she could have had a drink or two, but maybe this is why I have a penchant for Scotland?
* I would much, much rather stay in on a Friday night, watching a Disney film or reading a good novel, with a cup of cocoa and my cat on my lap, than go out and spend money on drinks that will make me feel sick the next day. I am essentially a seventy-year-old cat lady trapped in the body of a student.
* I really really resent cycling uphill because I maintain that as a native of the Low Lands (aka Flanders) I just wasn’t born for anything other than flat terrain. End of.
* I love yoga. I was raised an atheist, but yoga opened up a world of spirituality for me. It even took me all the way to India.
* I love whiskey, but only if it’s Irish. Scotch burns my throat and American is too smokey.
* I used to be so finicky with food. One day Mum and I went to the cinema to see Julie & Julia. I was hooked. I wanted to love food the way Julie and Julia did.
* My favourite books are the Harry Potter series. JK Rowling changed my life when I was seven years old, and I am forever indebted to her for teaching me that there is magic in words. And now it’s my turn to nominate some very worthy bloggers: Thalia is a good friend of mine and by far the most mature teenager I have ever met. Hard to believe she’s not yet of age. She writes a cute little blog called Fashion Galaxies XO about affordable fashion and lifestyle that I simply love to read. The Simple Veganista is one of my all-time favourite vegan blogs. I’ve been reading Julie’s recipes for years now. They are always simple, as denotes the title of her blog, nutritious, colourful, moreish, and utterly scrumptious. A delightful blog indeed.